From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 09:36:01

Hi people,
Not only I wasn't there at the mettings but from Thuesday night I was
undergoing an emergency gall bladder surgery so I coulnd't even respond the
email.
But I'm back home now... still recovering but I can sit in front of the
notebook :)

> numeric_cast<> : Interested? Yes 10, No 0
Excelent!

> Optional : Interested? Strong yes 9, weak yes 2, weak no 3, strong
> no 0 Significant concerns about the interface:

> Pointer interface.

It figues. FWIW, I'll stand strong on this part of the interface... though
I'm not sure how much my position can affect the final TR2 form.

> Two ways of doing the same thing.

Hmm, really? Did they gave examples?

> Depends on nullptr - is there a backup plan.

I could have proposed 'none' along Optional, in its own context, but that
would duplicate much of nullptr... I didn't see the need for such
duplication.

> Dubious of use of references.

Does this mean they don't see that as useful or that is not well supported?

General question: what shall I do from now on? Follow the discussions on
comp.std.c++?

TIA

Fernando Cacciola