From: Jared McIntyre (jmcintyre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 15:24:51

> Double check that a is polymorphic - that is, that it has at least one
> virtual function. Then get back to us.

Yup, the destructors are virtual (and dynamic_cast is working in both directions). However, it works now (see later
comment).

> nope, its correct. This is a little known quirk of C++ syntax. Your second
> version won't compile on the most conforming compilers.

Nifty. I swear that didn't compile when I used it on Friday, but now it does. Now that I have changed it to that
format, ar.template register_type<derived_one>(), it works. Out of curiosity, what is the difference between calling
it that way and calling ar.register_type<derived_one>()? I've not seen that type of format and would be interested in
learning more about it.

Thanks again,

Jared