From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 18:04:24

On 10/10/05, Andy Little <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Basically .... Go for it.
>
> Particularly the point vector concept for particular quantities is great
>
> regards
> Andy Little

Great, and thanks for the positive feedback on the central notion of points
and vectors. That was the main thing I was worried about concerning
acceptance by users, since traditionally people don't explicitly associate
quantities with geometric representations and I was afraid they may just
think it makes things more complex without understand its necessity. In
realizing how great of a model points, vectors, and scalars are for working
with all types of units, it completely changed the way I look at units even
outside of programming, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does the same for
anyone who would want to use it. I just hope that others agree that it is an
accurate and highly beneficial model to use, despite the arguably drastic
change in thinking that is associated it.

--
-Matt Calabrese