From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-11 08:33:43

Although I appreciate your efforts to implement an efficient way to
automatically convert different units for the same quantity, I would
still prefer a library that requires an explicit "cast" to change units,
rather than implicit. Perhaps the library could be built in two layers,
with the lower level requiring explicit casts and a layer above that
that implements implicit casting for those who want it.

What I'm more interested in learning is how you handle "composite
quantities", which are obtained by multiplying and dividing existing
units (like "meters/second"), as well as raising to a rational power
(like the standard unit of volatility in finance, "1/square_root(years)".