From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-13 15:20:36

> I think known regressions in a minor release are absolutely
> unacceptable, even on less important platforms. The whole point of the
> minor release is to improve on what we got and not to break user code.

These regressions are new ICEs that result from making the follwing changes:

a) Remove header dependencies which many people complained about.
b) Correct error which crashed some applications (though none of the tests)
when serialization is used from dynamically loaded DLLS. Also times this
error crashed applications with some compilers (also none of the tests)

So if the indicated regressions are "absolutely unacceptable", then would
leaving in the above bugs be acceptable? Problem is, you can't have it both
ways with this particular compiler (msvc 6.5)

Robert Ramey