From: Jim Hyslop (jhyslop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-13 15:20:46

I've been looking at the serialization library (nice work, Robert) and I
have a question. I searched the archives and didn't see any discussion
on this, and I'm sorry I missed all the pre-approval discussion, or I
would have said something sooner.

What is the rationale behind using 'operator &()' to mean 'serialize
this item?'

I find a statement like 'ar & member1;' to be very non-intuitive: how
does bitwise-and relate to serialization?

It seems to me that most sensible code guidelines admonish against this
kind of operator abuse (pardon my bluntness, but that's what it is when
you get down to it).

--
Jim