From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-15 11:45:11

Hubert, Daryle,

I'm trying to figure out how to integrate the docs for the few new additions
to Boost.Math that come with the TR1 library into the existing
documentation. The new docs use quickbook, and the options appear to be:

1) Leave the existing docs as they are, the minor problem with this is that
my addition ends up with it's own library entry under doc/html/index.html,
while the rest of you get left out of there as you do now :-(

2) Use quickbook to create a new front page for the Math lib, but otherwise
leave the html as it is. The doc/html/index.html would now look right, but
the existing html docs would be second-class citizens in the BoostBook
generated TOC for the Math lib: they would get a main entry, but no
sub-entries, and just a forwarding link to the existing html.

3) Convert the existing docs to quickbook: it's a bit tedious, but
surprisingly easy to do, and once you get the hang of it, easier to maintain
than html: no honestly it is, not having to quote "<>&" etc code snippets is
worth the change alone IMO. I don't mind making the initial changeover, but
thereafter you guys would have to be happy maintaining the quickbook source.
The main advantages are a coherent look to the docs, automatic TOC, optional
PDF generation and so on. There's the potential to integrate the docs for
the new complex number inverse trig special functions, with the existing
docs for the scalar versions as well, but I haven't looked into that yet.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

John.