From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-16 07:24:48

On Friday 14 October 2005 18:23, John Maddock wrote:
> > While answering a post about BCP on another list, I noticed that the
> > docs for BCP (at <http://www.boost.org/tools/bcp/bcp.html>) never
> > actually say where one would get BCP from! Looking at my local
> > archive, I see the BCP source files are in the same directory as the
> > BCP doc file. I noticed that they are C++ code; I suspected that BCP
> > could have been a (Python) script or (if I didn't respond to a
> > question asking why not) pre-made executables. I feel that the BCP
> > docs should explain how to get BCP.
>
> Good point. I'll update the docs so folks know how to build it.
>
> We could probably ship a zip containing the binaries for all the tools
> rather than just bjam, but someone needs to step up and volunteer to build
> them,

Just an idea, I do not know if this would be feasable, but anyway. There seem
to be a number of volunteers running regression tests. If this is somehow
automated, could the scripts used to run regression tests be modified so all
the tools would be build and uploaded to a server when required? This way
most targets would be covered.

> failing that their not hard to build from source.

I think that may be true, but it is far from optimal.

regards,
Bjørn