From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-16 14:17:01

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 12:06:33PM -0500, Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Andreas Pokorny wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 09:26:14AM -0500, Douglas Gregor
> > <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> >> I've just checked in a fix for the shared library/symbol visibility
> >> problems with Signals. If you've had problems with this before,
> >> please test! It's on the RC_1_33_0 branch for the 1.33.1 beta
> >> release.
> >>

> > It (building with -fvisibility=hidden and surrounding boost/signals
> > headers
> > with visibility=default) works now, as expected. What was the trick?
>
> Avoid anything that needs RTTI. I've removed most uses of boost::any,
> and for those that remain I use a new "unsafe_any_cast" that doesn't
> check the typeid().

Oh, I used the old version, while writing that email. Furthermore I also
did not notice that I was testing a static linked version of the binary.
So now I finally tested the newest version of boost signals, and it does
not need any special treatment to make it work with -fvisibility=hidden.

Thank you!

When will Boost-1.33.1 get released?

Regards
Andreas Pokorny