From: Jan Martin Krämer (jmkraemer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-19 09:17:26

Hi, i couldn't fix the problems I had, trying to use serialization in my own code, so I decided to try and compile the demo.cpp file from the tutorial.
If i just compile the file it's ok, but if i choose "build project" to create an executable, it fails with a lot of "undefined reference to ...".
The specific error messages are in the attachement.

I'm using kdevelop with ubuntu (breezy badger) and gcc 4.0.1. I've tried both the boost libraries that come with ubuntu (1.32.0+1.33.0-cvs) and to download and build them manually (boost_1_33_0).
I'm not really a c++ guru and i just don't have a clue what I should do. Neither the documentation for the serialization library, nor google were of any help to me. It's probably just a misconfiguration on my part, but I don't know where to look or what to do.
I hope you can help, if you need more information I'd be happy to provide it.

Jan M. Kraemer
Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstarkeren E-Mail-Postfach!