From: Christophe Prud'homme (prudhomm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-20 15:50:43

| There's been some recent discussions related to version numbers from the
| proposal/summary I posted for normalizing version checking which is
| related:
*blush*
I should have looked into my boost mailbox and post on the thread, sorry.

| http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostConfig
Good. I am all for this kind of proposal.

| It has a BOOST_VERSION_NUMBER macro like your BOOST_MAKE_VERSION macro.
| That type of macro can already be used with the BOOST_WORKAROUND
| utility. For example...
| > In order to test the current version of boost:
| > #if BOOST_IS_VERSION(1,33,0)
| > ... write the code according to the API >= 1.33.0
| > #else
| > ... write the code according to the API < 1.33.0
| > #endif
|
| #if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_VERSION, >= BOOST_VERSION_NUMBER(1,33,0) )
it is a bit wordy to just check for a version number, I think
I find BOOST_IS_VERSION above more concise

| #else
| #endif
|
| The discussions also mentioned changing BOOST_WORKAROUND to allow this:
|
| #if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_VERSION,>=,1,33,0 )
Yup why not.

Thanks for bringing this up and sorry for not reading properly my boost emails

cu
C.

--
MIT Affiliate
Debian/GNU/Linux developer for scientific computing packages