From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-21 15:30:03

On 10/21/2005 03:05 PM, Korcan Hussein wrote:
> I think I may have come up with an alternative solution to the type
> deduction of intermediate results from expression templates.

I'm afraid I don't know what:

    type deduction of intermediate results from expression templates

means. Could you explain more with examples?

> Instead of using automatic type erasing technique, take the compile-time

What is this "type erasing technique"?

> parse tree of an intermediate expression and create an exact runtime replica
> of the expression tree using recursive variant types (using Boost.Variant in
> C++). The creation of the expression tree can be completely automated.

Why would you want a runtime replica? I suppose to solve the "type
deduction of intermediate results" problem mentioned above, but, as
I've said, I don't know what this is :(

[snip]
> If people are interested I can post code the code for this.

Please do. Possibly here:

   http://boost-consulting.com/vault/

and maybe in the

   Template Metaprogramming