From: Michael Shepanski (mshepanski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-26 19:06:59

On 10/26/05, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I think the problem is that type_with_alignment can't find a type that
> has an alignment of 12. Producing an error in that case is the right
> behavior. We could add the type whose alignment_of<> is 12 to the
> reperotoire of types being tested by type_with_alignment...

Don't we need to be sure that type_with_alignment<> can accept *any*
number that alignment_of<> produces -- or, conversely, make sure that
alignment_of<> only produces numbers that type_with_alignment<> can
accept? (I'm assuming that we want boost::optional to work all the time,
not just for my example.)

--- Michael Shepanski