From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-27 09:08:33

On Oct 27, 2005, at 5:48 AM, Andrew Maclean wrote:

> Do you feel like doing one for CMake - it would be a lot more
> useful in that
> it is cross-platform (*nix, Macs, QNX-Neutrino, Windows) and also
> generates
> the requisite IDE files eg. KDevelop3, Borland, Microsoft VC ?

Nope :)

The configure script is "autoconf-like" because it looks like
autoconf, but it isn't. It's just a shell script that compiles bjam
for you, converts autoconf-style options into bjam options, and
produces a short Makefile that merely calls bjam with the right
incantations. As David A. says, we don't want to duplicate the build
system, but the demand for "./configure && make && make install" was
too great to ignore.

     Doug