From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-31 02:42:07

On 10/27/05 9:43 AM, "Cromwell Enage" <sponage_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> --- Cromwell Enage wrote:
>> For my part, I'll provide the following macros in
>> the next version:
>>
>> BOOST_MPL_MATH_NUMERATOR_OF_MIXED_NUMBER(tag)
>> BOOST_MPL_MATH_DENOMINATOR_OF_MIXED_NUMBER(tag)
>> BOOST_MPL_MATH_WHOLE_PART_OF_RATIONAL(tag)
>> BOOST_MPL_MATH_RATIONAL_PART_OF_RATIONAL(tag)
>
> Done.

Is BOOST_MPL_MATH_RATIONAL_PART_OF_RATIONAL a re-statement of the rational
number itself? Or is it supposed to be the remainder after taking out the
"whole" part? If the former, then we probably need another macro for the
latter. If the latter, then the name should have "FRACTIONAL" replacing the
first "RATIONAL," since "fractional" and not "rational" better describes a
left-over bit. (Rational numbers are a generalization of fractions that
include values with absolute values greater than one, i.e. a numerator
larger than its denominator [in absolute value].)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie