From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-31 09:12:17

--- Cromwell Enage wrote:
> The two missing pieces wrt full functionality are
> division and human-readable output. The latter is
> easier to tackle but will most likely require a
> corresponding runtime big-integer class.

Did I say human-readable output was easier to tackle?
What was I thinking?

Division, modulus, and even GCD are now usable wrt
big_integral and unsigned_big_integral. I still don't
see a way to avoid recursion, so certain parameters
will cause GCD to go deeper than any compiler can
currently handle. (Try adjusting
BOOST_MPL_LIMIT_UNROLLING and see if that improves the
situation.) However, you can now extract the
rational/fractional part of any double without running
afoul of this gotcha.

> Is anybody (e.g. Christopher Diggins) still working
> on one? If so, I might use it as a value_type.

In the next version I'll use "long double" as a stub
value_type until Boost assimilates a run-time big
integer class/library.

                              Cromwell D. Enage