From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-31 11:10:51

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 12:55:47PM +0000, Reece Dunn wrote:
> Why not just bin/sed? There is a similar issue running bash on cygwin when
> you have find; it is trying to use the NT version. In this case, bin/find
> works. This then mirrors the #!/bin/sh usage.

I took a quick look around... on darwin and fbsd, /usr/bin/sed exists
but not /bin/sed. Gentoo linux has /usr/bin/sed linked to /bin/sed,
and a couple year old redhat distribution has /bin/sed only. So a
path search for bin/sed isn't going to work everywhere (as typically
one doesn't have /usr in PATH, no executables there), and weird path
settings could still get you the wrong one. Maybe the best thing is
to just check for them in /bin and /usr/bin manually. Anyhow it looks
like I was looking at the wrong script (later in the thread...)

-t