From: Bronek Kozicki (b.kozicki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-03 07:26:10

On 03/11/05, Caleb Epstein <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm not Doug but I say on the trunk this would be well received. But it
> can't hold up or happen on the 1.33.1 branch.

here is quick summary of issues that we have or recently had:

- compilation error in named_slot_map - fixed

- bind/mem_fn_eq test failing - I'm currently re-running test with
debug symbols turned on. This should make the test pass. However, I
still think that some documentation of the issue is needed, as
mem_fn_eq is very fragile on vc8. Actually, seeing how fragile it is,
I now agree with Peter that best way to deal with it is to add info to
XML that the test is not expected to pass, and if it does - it's just
an accident due to lack of specific optimization or presence of debug
symbols. Peter, could you pls. do that?

- boost_python_vc8.dll failing to build. This is wider issue, and
although we now know culprit (#undef _DEBUG in wrap_python.hpp),
obvious fix does not work due to linker error (python24_d.lib).
Another fix (always define _CRT_NOFORCE_MANIFEST) might have
undesirable side effects that we do not understand. I will continue
discussion in the other thread.

- "deprecated library feature" warnings - I would just document the
issue and instruct users to use appropriate set of #pragma-s before
and after including boost headers.

I think that's all. Doug, what do you think?

B.

--
Bronek Kozicki     brok_at_[hidden]     http://b.kozicki.pl/