From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-04 09:21:29

Janusz Piwowarski wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
>>Now I hope that someone will actually start to send comments about the
>>actual API / code I propose. ;-)
>

> I not sure why you do not use of overloaded append and insert members. And,

Assuming you are talking about the element class and its methods to add
various child node types, I don't quite see how I could overload the function
name 'append' and 'insert', as most versions have the same signature.
E.g. 'insert_element("foo")' will add (and return) the element

<foo/>

while 'insert_comment("foo")' will add (and return) the comment

etc.

> I'd like to change begin_children and end_children to
> std::pair<children_iterator, children_iterator> children (the same with
> attributes).

...or add a container proxy so one would write element->children().begin()
instead of element->begin_children(). I'm not sure there is any gain. It
seems to be a purely esthetical issue.

Regards,
                Stefan