From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-07 15:54:26

On 11/7/05, Steinar Bang <sb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Good point ! I have to think about how to 'internalize' and reuse a
> > string.
>
> A string internalizer is something that might have general interest
> outside of the XML API.

Indeed. There is a class called "name" in the Adobe Open Source libraries
that is an interned string and I've recently had call to use it in a
project. The implementation is simple (it doesn't bother with reference
counts, and thus never garbage collects) but it works nicely. Thanks Sean!

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com