From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-07 19:10:17

Robert Ramey wrote:
> I've only looked at some of the posts on this thread so I haven't followed
> everythihg there.
>
> I'm curious as to why spirit - which includes an XML parser - has not been
> mentioned.

probably because the focus is more on a DOM API, i.e. an in-memory representation
of an XML infoset, and ways to manipulate that. How to actually construct the
document is secondary, and only relevant because typically parsers are an integral
part of XML (DOM) libraries.

It was suggested a number of times to use bgl to represent the DOM, and build it
with spirit. I think whatever API we settle on such a configuration should definitely
work, though I doubt it will be worth the efford, given how much domain-specific
additions are required, for example when implementing xpath support, or the required
http support to query dtds, xincluded documents, etc., etc.

Regards,
                Stefan