From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-08 09:20:32

Everyone may download it from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/ . It comes
with IDE (nice one - this is actually Visual Studio .NET 2005 stripped
from some bells and whistles), optimizing compiler, runtime (static and
dynamic) and standard C++ library. And also C++/CLI and .NET 2.0 (but
maybe you do not mind). However, it does not come with Windows API
headers and libraries. In order to compile Windows applications (and
boost) one has to download Platform SDK separately (fat one), there is a
link and instruction on above page.

This might be interesting news for those who want to test vc-8_0
toolkit. Now I shut my mounth and sorry for spamming here.

B.