Date: 2005-11-09 02:04:16
I compiled boost on HP/UX 11.11 (PA RISC) with gcc.
I got a linker error if I tried to link against the regex library:
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Invalid loader fixup in text space needed in output
file for symbol "__gxx_personality_sj0" in input file
What I found out was:
1) 'bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" install' creates libraries with wrong extension (*.so instead of *.sl)
2) It seams that the linker chooses the static library if I declare '- boost_regex-gcc', so I get the linker error as described in my prevoíous email!
3) Building boost with 'bjam "-sSUFDLL=.sl" "-sTOOLS=gcc" install' creates
Shared library /usr/local/lib/libboost_regex-gcc.sl is missing!
4) Now linking with '- boost_regex-gcc-1_33' works (no linker error).
1) The extension for HP/UX libraries should be fixed.
2) The shared library without version in its name is missing.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk