From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-09 12:25:03

I was of the understanding that alterations for 1.33.1 should be confined to
bug
fixes, corrections to documentation, and things like that. And that's what
I did.
I had expected 1.33.1 to be release sometime ago and have refrained from
checking in any other kinds of changes. So if "updated" libraries refers to
changes between 1.33.0 and 1.33.1 the only real change is tha it should work
better and have fewer surprises.

Serialization things that I'm working on as I have time are:

a) Testing of performance.
b) Minor optimizations in implementation
c) Small/corrections in the API(e.g. delete_created_pointers)
d) Better documentation of classes provided to help implement one's own
archives
e) Testing and refinement of implementation issues related to the case
where classes are in dynamically loaded DLLS (shared_libraries). This
revolves around issues that are not part of the C++ language proper but
rather implementation of runtime linking in various platforms.
f) updating test suite to unit-testing platform.

Most of the discussion referred to was about documentation which
raised issues which have been partially addressed and will be
worked on some more.

Note that I won't be working on serialization for any other types
(e.g. boost::any) or any other archive types (e.g. fast binary archives).
Some of these have been taken up by others however.

Beyound what is necessary to accomplish the above, I don't plan
on making any changes to the core library itself. Given the
approximately one year release frequency of boost, I'm hopeful
that I'll be able to make the above enhancements before the
next boost release - 1.34 ?

Robert Ramey