From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-10 15:56:56

Bronek Kozicki <brok_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>>># include <basetsd.h>
>> ^^^^^^^^^
>
> this header (as the only one #included here) belongs to Platform SDK. It
> should be in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\include" .

Ah, there it is.

> It
> certainly belongs to Microsoft Windows Core SDK - April 2005 edition.
> Could you pls. check this on your computer?

It is.

> If you have this file, did
> you added the directory to INCLUDE?

Nope. I've never had to modify a stock VS installation in order to
get things to work before. It doesn't appear that

> To which one? If you have VC80_ROOT
> set,

I don't; I used the default installation location.

> you also need to have VS80COMNTOOLS set, as it is used by
> %VC80_ROOT%\vcvarsall.bat , and the Platform SDK\include directory
> should be *manually* added to %VS80COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat

Okay, I edited
c:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/Common7/Tools/vsvars32.bat
to do that. It's a big surprise to me that the SDK installer doesn't
take care of that stuff for me.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting