From: Graham Bennett (graham-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-10 20:20:03

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 09:24:22PM -0500, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Graham Bennett wrote:
>
> > Yes, some degree of separation is a must. Libxml2 is a very good
> > and portable library, but explicit dependencies are a bad thing,
> > especially if they can be avoided easily.
>
> Easily ?!? You can't be serious. 'No dependencies' would imply to
> reimplement the functionality provided by libxml2 entirely inside
> boost. If that is easy I wonder why it hasn't happened so far.

No, no. I'm not suggesting that at all. I'm just saying that Boost
should provide the standard interface and the implementation of parsing
is a separate issue which shouldn't concern Boost at all. I think
that's the same thing you are saying. Boost doesn't need to ship with a
way of parsing XML at all.

Graham

--
Graham Bennett