From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-14 08:54:20

Pavel Vozenilek wrote:

> "John Torjo" wrote:
>

>>>DEFAULT_INDEX /cannot/ be uppercase (clashes with
>>>preprocessor).
>>
>>I understand that it would better be lowercased, but "cannot" is a
>>pretty strong word. Care to exemplify?
>>

> Probability of "DEFAULT_INDEX" being
> macro defined in end user code is very high.

I wouldn't call this very high - since usually you can define it as a
constant. But anyway, I get the point ;)

> Jason's library allows to have singleton compiled into static library
> linked into a DLL whcih is loaded dynamically during session
> by EXE. And to do it portably.
>
> He has current code in Sandbox (documentation is being
> worked on but he expresses wish to explain what's needed).
>
> Reuse of Singleton library (quite likely to get into Boost
> in its second review) would allow to integrate Logger
> into wider mesh of singletons

I don't have a problem with using his lib, once it gets into Boost.

> I would like to process result logs with my SW.
>
> I am lazy and would like to have clear markers
> of log start and end so the SW is easier.

What's SW?

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all