From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-14 21:09:38

>>>Ok, my bad.
>>>To deal with Unicode, simply define the UNICODE macro.
>>

>> First of all any macro based solution wouldn't be acceptable. Second
>> "simply
>> define the UNICODE macro" doesn't do a bit. Did you see your own code?
>> The whole design is never thought through in regards to custom
>> character/string type. Here is extract from fwd header:
>>
>> (#ifndef BOOST_LOG_VC ignored)
>>
>> struct default_log_manager {
>>
>> typedef char char_t;
>> typedef std::string string;
>> typedef std::ostringstream stream;
>> };
>>
>> That's it: no ifdef UNICODE whatsoever (and again it wouldn't be
>> acceptable
>> anyway)
>>

> I've updated the lib, due to feedback from Paul Bristow.

I looked on the original version of the library submitted for review. Even
UNICODE isn't referenced anywhere. So we could safely say that submitted
library doesn't support char/string customization required for
Internationalization. That was point in my initial post.

Gennadiy

P.S. I personally think you are looking in wrong direction in attempts to
support custom char and threading. You couldn't produce proper solution
without Policy based design: LookingPolicy and EncodingPolicy could be used.