From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-15 03:22:00

Caleb Epstein ha escrito:

> * If so, do you have comments on the specification? Things you'd
> > change/add? There's a list of concrete issues at the end of the
> > specification page,
>
> Re: capacity/reserve. I think it might be useful to include these methods
> and have them operate on the key array as you suggest. Your argument against
> them is that they are only used to ensure iterator validity. But wouldn't
> these methods also be useful in optimizing container load time, as they are
> for std::vector and friends? I know I always call "reserve" on a vector when
> I know how much data I'm going to load into it ahead of time.

Yep, I finally decided to provide capacity/reserve.

> * Do you envision any interesting use case for random access indices?
> > Have you experimented with them?
>
> I have an insertion-order traversal hash table that I use in a situation
> where MultiIndex + Random Access Iterators might provide a very compelling
> replacement, and I am eager to try it.

If you finally do so, please report your results back. Also, I'm on the lookout
for interesting use cases of random access indices to include in the examples
section, yours could make a good candidate if you don't mind explaining it
a little more. Thank you!

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo