From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-19 14:20:19

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>My point is that the simple solution is not even worth implementing,
>>and general solution is definitely out of scope of logging library.
>

> I do not agree with you on this. Hex dumping is quite frequently required.
> So it's kinda waste to require every user to reimplement this. Even simplest
> dump could suffice in many cases.

Hex dump is useful, absolutely, but so is a database access library, but
we don't wish it would be a part of the log library, do we? This may be
a rough analogy, but as several stated, text formatting of data
structures is something that a log *uses*, not *implements*. Sorry for
butting in like this, but I strongly feel that hex dump is out of scope
for a logging library, and would waste John's precious time, while he
could spend it on something that belongs to logging.

Yuval