From: Martin (adrianm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-21 04:49:18

> This would be easier for me to SEE what you are doing if you coded a sample.
> That would also give something concrete to talk about :)

I assume the OP wants to do things like:

typedef boost::tuple<String^, Int> cli_tuple;

Haven't looked in detail but I assume a new trait is_managed<T> is needed and
the normal traits, is_const etc, need to work with ref types.

For tuple specificly the access_traits need to handle ref types

Somthing like:

template <class T> struct access_traits<T^> {
  typedef T^ const_type;
  typedef T^ non_const_type;

  typedef T^ parameter_type;
};

A more interesting question is what boost libraries should work with managed
objects.

Microsoft has an interesting view. They implement special CLI versions (with
range checking etc) of the STL containers (STL.NET) to reuse built up STL
knowledge.

Using the same view with boost means that libraries like date_time, filesystem
and regex could use the .Net framework as implementation while keeping the
interface.

Other boost libraries like tuple and multi_index might still have a legitimate
use under CLI.