From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-21 19:48:22

On 11/21/05, Yuval Ronen <ronen_yuval_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
> I don't really know the serialization library, so I can't comment about
> it. If I understand correctly (and I'm certainly not sure of it), the
> serialization layer you mentioned is about converting a data structure
> to an XML representation, and back. That is very different from the log
> library. The XML representation is used solely for serialization
> purposes and so it's logical that the serialization library will supply
> this layer. The log library, on the other hand, uses the general
> iostream textual representation, so I don't really see what such a
> formatting layer would do, and what its benefits would be.

That formatting layer allows the serialization library to have more
formatting options(serialization uses iostream, too) in a transparent
way. That way we could have two formatting options: hex and textual.
It may be too overkill for our problem. But is a possible solution...

> Yuval

best regards,

--
   Felipe Magno de Almeida
Developer from synergy and Computer Science student from State