From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-23 12:54:09

Installation of the final 8.0 (after beta 1 and 2) has caused me some
confusion because the output build logs don't contain the full compiler
version. For example using a post build event with the test suite, as
recommended (- strongly see PS below)

--build_info=yes

includes this info:

Platform: Win32
Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ version 8.0
STL : Dinkumware standard library version 405
Boost : 1.33.0

The macro _MSC_FULL_VER is 140050215

 looks like version 1400 build 50215

Would it be useful to decode in boost/config/compiler/visual.hpp this into
version 8.0 and build 50215? (Or?)

A new macro BOOST_COMPILER_BUILD ?

So that various releases can be distingushed?

Paul

PS

The post

CMD.EXE was started with
'\\hetp3\i$\boost_1_33_0\libs\test\build\msvc71_proj' as the current
directory path. UNC paths
are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.
Running 5 test cases...

Which misses showing the full log report that IS shown with an autorun
(which is any case much more convenient and recommended by Gennadiy at

/boost_1_33_0/libs/test/doc/usage/msvc_net.html etc

I found a MS article

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=156276

about the message

'<UNC path>' is an invalid current directory path. UNC paths are not
supported.
Defaulting to Windows directory.

The article does not seem accurate and I have queried it with MS.

I have also previously seen with the logging library (proposed).

--
Paul A Bristow
Phone and SMS text +44 1539 561830, Mobile and SMS text +44 7714 330204