From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-24 11:06:07

Paul A Bristow wrote:
> Indeed - but I didn't see the MS BUILD number - needed to distinguish
> between 8.0 beta 1, 2, 2.5 ... and final(s). Microsoft have ideas on
> version numbering which seem dotty to me, but they have ...

There's a comment about the number of digits for each part of the
version number: "Some more thinking on the version number... I think
it's relatively safe to set it at 2/2/5. That covers MSVC which has the
large patch numbers. And covers CW, and others, which are up to and past
10 for the major number." The intent, as it's not explicit since the
MSVC define is not there yet, is that the patch number for MSVC will be
the build number. So in your previous example the version would be
8.0.50215.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything