From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-25 20:40:18

Alisdair Meredith wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
>

>>I've tried converting the TR1 lib to use that implementation but I'm
>>having trouble with the std::pair interface which appears not to work:
>

> Pardon the self-interest, but how does this cope with the
> less-conforming compilers, such as Borland?
>
> Will we need to retain the original tuple implementation to support a
> TR1-like implementation? Can they cope with fusion? Or are there too
> few die-hards like me left to be worth caring about? ;?)

A question for you Borland die-hards is what's up with the
state of the compiler? Has it stagnated or are new developments
going? I remember applying to be a Borland beta tester some
years ago but it fell on deaf ears, and I never looked back
again. It seems that they don't care. So why should we care?
Don't get me wrong. I used to have a loyalty towards it. I
learned my first Pascal program with their original compiler.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com