From: simon meiklejohn (simon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-26 04:22:03

Chris,

SNIP

> What you describe is similar to functionality provided by my proposed
> asio library. In particular see the asio::demuxer and
> asio::locking_dispatcher classes, which implement the Dispatcher
> concept (see
> http://asio.sourceforge.net/asio-0.3.5/doc/reference/index.html).

Very nice looking library. Your points regarding how it does the
things i have discussed are well taken.

Questions:

1. is this in the pipeline for review in boost?
2. Given the contentious nature of I/O discussions in boost
would it be possible to unbundle the threading aspect of your
lib and get that part into boost sooner? <grin>
3. what's your approach to objects mentioned in the callback
handler being deleted before the callback is made? Is it the
responsibility of the Handler to manage this? Any wrappers
for this functionality (e.g. using weak_ptr)
4. Is a Win32 GUI thread based asio::demuxer available? Couldn't
quite get my head around getting windows events into such a thing.

Cheers

Simon