From: Joao Abecasis (jpabecasis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-28 23:02:08

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Doug Gregor wrote:
>
>> Boost 1.33.1 will be released in 7 days.
>>
>> The following issues will need to be cleared up before that
>> can happen:
>>
>> - GCC 2.95.3 failures that I introduced (and have
>> fixed; the should disappear "soon")
>> - Spirit switch_p failures on GCC 4.0.2, which is now a
>> release platform. We have a patch awaiting approval that
>> should fix this.
>
> The 'fix' didn't fix it :-(
> I'm out of clues and I need help with that!

Hmm... from my tests, I believe the 'fix' *does* fix the issue.

I just grabbed gcc-4.0.2 and compiled it from source with default
options (configure --prefix=/path/to/tempdir && make). Without the patch
I get an error similar to Martin Wille's, with the patch the error is
gone and the code compiles cleanly.

What am I missing?

João Abecasis