From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-29 15:33:56

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Reed Kotler" <reedkotler_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> I think that when it calls build.sh to optionally build jam, it
>> should pass the toolset name. It knows the answer.
>>
>> There is no reason for build.sh to try and guess and it is guessing
>> wrong on my machine due to a coincidental executable in the main
>> path
>
> I'm not sure but I think run_tests.sh might be obsolete. Are you
> aware of
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/regression_setup/instructions.html ?

That and the run_test.sh was never meant as a zero-effort script. It was
meant as a base which individuals would customize as needed. But having
it not specify the toolset is intentional, and meant so that it uses
whatever the system compiler is, and not whatever the one used for
build/testing Boost is.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything