From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-07 13:01:34

On 12/6/05 6:00 PM, "Stefan Seefeld" <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Daryle Walker wrote:

[SNIP a library that failed on every compiler]

>> This could be another case to watch out for: when a library fails on every
>> compiler (or a least a lot of them). Here it would be the library that's
>> possibly broken.
>
> Isn't that exactly what these tests are supposed to measure ? Or do you mean
> that in case *all* tests fail the report could just mention a single failure,
> on a different granularity scale ?

Yes, I meant the latter. If we suddenly see a compiler fail on every
library, or a library fail on every compiler, then we probably have a
configuration issue. (But how do we implement "suddenly," since the tests
don't keep a history of past results? We only want to block blooper runs,
not compilers or libraries that legitimately fail everything.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie