From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-07 23:24:28

Now that 1.33.1 is out and the RC_1_33_0 branch is most likely closed for
good, I've merged many of the changes from the RC_1_33_0 branch back to HEAD
so that we don't lose all of the minor tweaks we made at the end. For many
changes, the merge was so trivial that I've just committed the results.
However, some libraries seemed to get quite out-of-sync. This happens when
changes were made on both HEAD and RC_1_33_0, and CVS can't figure out how
to merge those changes. These libraries are:

Date-Time
Iostreams
Parameter
Pointer containers
Range
Regex
Serialization
uBLAS

The authors of these libraries should look at the merged results to
determine what changes need to be made in HEAD. Otherwise, fixes that we
have done for 1.33.1 will be forgotten and lost. To do so, have a clean
checkout of CVS HEAD available and run something like this:

  cvs -z6 update -j Version_1_33_0 -j Version_1_33_1 boost/iostreams
libs/iostreams

(You may want to redirect the output of that command to a file; there's a
lot of information in there)

Look for "conflicts" in the output to see went wrong, then dig through
conflicting files looking for sections between <<<<< and ==== (HEAD code)
and ===== and >>>>> (RC_1_33_0 code). Once you've cleaned up everything,
commit back to head and you'll be done.

  Doug