From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-11 06:03:14

John Maddock wrote:
> Turning BOOST_HAS_NVRO on for VC8 causes the test program to fail, unless
> optimisations are turned on, in which case it is indeed supported.

Should that be a warning instead of fail? It's an optimisation missing,
not a "broken" config that leads to errors.

> So I suggest we add:
>
> #if (_MSC_VER >= 1400) && !defined(_DEBUG)
> # define BOOST_HAS_NRVO
> #endif
>
> to visualc.hpp, note that _DEBUG isn't really the right macro to use here,
> but it's as close an approximation as we can get.

Why care? Just set BOOST_HAS_NRVO for _MSC_VER >= 1400. The code is
correct and works with and without NRVO. If the user doesn't want/need
optimisation, why should we bother?

Regards, Daniel