From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-12 22:50:50

--- Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Caleb,
>
> What is your view on the issue of error handling? Are you
> happy the way it now stands? Would you prefer exceptions be
> thrown? Would you prefer a "can't ignore" return error code
> approach?

Can I just jump in here and say that the discussion about error
handling was originally about the asynchronous callback
handlers, where the error is a parameter to the handler, not a
return code.

However, in the case of the synchronous functions the default
behaviour is to throw the error, but this behaviour can be
modified on a per-call basis.

Cheers,
Chris