From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 06:41:09

Hi Simon,

--- simon meiklejohn <simon_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Almost all my use cases for a network lib involve a lot of
> fan-out - ie branching based on the contents of a
> message, which gets implemented as client code deriving
> from an interface class such as
<snip>
> I know that's not correct asio - but what's a recommended way to
> achieve this without wrapping each method of the interface.

I haven't really thought about it that deeply, but since you talk about
a fan-out, cannot the dispatcher wrap be done on a function just before
the fan-out occurs? I.e. a function that takes a complete message
before a decision about what type it is has been made -- before the one
becomes many?

Cheers,
Chris