From: Giovanni P. Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 07:23:20

> asio does not intend to strictly follow ACE patterns. It has socket wrapper
> class templates. There is an acceptor template but no connector template.
> ACE SOCK_Connector (unlike ACE_SOCK_Acceptor) does not wrap a socket.

Oh, i didn't realize that asio didn't have a connector... I've actually
looked only at the server-side stuff :).
Anyway, i think having a connector would at least be symmetric with the
acceptor, and it might actually make sense for some systems/transport
type (not that i've any in mind right now)...