From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 15:25:24

"Eugene Alterman" <eugalt_at_[hidden]> wrote

> See "Services and the Demuxer" in asio_design doc. It turns out demuxer
also
> serves as a service repository.
> I personally don't like that very much and wonder why those 2 different
> functionalities are lumped together.

So the demuxer is a service repository + demultiplexer(?)...

If this is the case, I agree that they don't seem to belong together.

Since, according to the design doc, a service is a "wrapper around a
platform's implementation of the resource", the "service repository" part of
the demuxer seems to be an abstraction layer over the platform. In this
case, is the runtime object really neaded for this? Can't this
functionality be provided at compile time, through a template parameter to
the socket and other classes?

(This, of course, would not work if this service repository can somehow
change at runtime. Is this the case?)

Regards,
Arkadiy