From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-14 09:38:56

On 12/14/05, Christopher Kohlhoff <chris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> But where a developer's needs are simple enough, I suspect
> that's also when they are going to want to use an
> iostreams-based interface. Since iostreams basically enforce
> synchronous operation, this seems like a sensible place to hide
> the demuxer and asynchronicity away.

As I mentioned in my review, I think casual client-side development will
benefit greatly from a simple Iostreams-based interface.

The stream_socket implementation in the examples/iostreams directory (or
something like it) might end up being the most used interfaces in asio if
you provide it.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com