From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 12:43:17

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote

> The "thread per connection" model _is_ inferior on all existing platforms.
> If asio doesn't encourage its use, I consider this a feature.

I am not sure what exactly the definition of "thread per connection" model
is, but I assume this means a new thread is _created_ for every connection
(?)

What I did was to have the main thread accept incomming requests, and put
them in the queue, whereas a number of worker threads was taking these
requests from the queue, and execute them. I don't see how this model can
be absolutely inferior in all possible contexts.

Regards,
Arkadiy