From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 19:56:08

Hi Andy,

"Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote

> My approach to typeof is to use it for anything external to my library,
whilst
> using my own type deduction internally.

I don't quite understand why would you want to do this...

The typeof was specifically designed for library authors, like yourself, to
allow you easily describe your types. This way your users would have the
impression that they have typeof for free.

If every library author uses his/her own typeof emulation mechanism, not
only the effort will be repeated every time, but also types composed from
different libraries, such as liba::x<libb::y>, would not be handled...

Or did I misinterpret your statement? Maybe you implied that you will use
typeof for your library interface, while avoiding it in the implementation?

Regards,
Arkadiy