From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 20:01:45

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>Clearly, the problem here is in Metrowerks' standard library, but
>>Boost.Test needs a work-around. The fact that changing a Boost.Test
>>header file makes xpressive's tests pass seems to prove it. I don't know
>>what the work-around is, and I don't have the platform, so I can't
>>submit a patch. Sorry. But it might be as simple as something like:
>>
>>#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__MWERKS__, BOOST_TESTED_AT(0x3206))
>># include </usr/include/unistd.h>
>># include </usr/include/signal.h>
>># include </usr/include/setjmp.h>
>>#else
>># include <unistd.h>
>># include <signal.h>
>># include <setjmp.h>
>>#endif
>

> Which platforms Metrowerks supply it's compiler for? Does it work on NT or
> Mac?

Good question. I was under the impression it was an Mac thing, but a
closer look at the regression results shows that's not the case. I guess
my suggested work-around is not general enough.

Ben Artin suggested earlier in the thread that the general work-around is:

"Copy and paste the relevant bits of /usr/include headers into your own
source code and curse CW. That is what everyone I know does upon
encountering some variant of this problem."

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting