From: Johan Nilsson (r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-16 03:57:36

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I finished the first update to the 1.33 release of Boost.Test. This
> update includes several bug fixes and series on new features. Once
> this updates settles for next update I will invest my efforts
> exclusively in documentation making it up to date and more convenient to
> use. The
> last update should finalize runtime parameter framework and testing
> by name feature.
> I don't think most of below modification require any (semi-)formal
> review, but I would really appreciate any comments and reviews for
> new features.

I'd like to make a request for another new feature:

BOOST_WARN/CHECK/REQUIRE_MATCH(<regex-string>, <string>)

Example:

std::string data("aha");
BOOST_REQUIRE_MATCH("^a", data);

This is something I've found myself using a lot when working with Ruby
(included with Ruby's unit test library - "assert_match").

The obvious problem is an added dependency on regular expression support,
but this support could be made optional for those who require it (using e.g.
Boost.Regex or Xpressive when available). I guess that it should be pretty
easy to implement using Xpressive's header-only implementation when it is
released.

// Johan